1. Check-in Time - Check-in time begins after 4:00 P.M. CST, with most units ready by 5:00 P.M. From time to time access to your unit may be delayed further. Your patience is appreciated in these circumstances. No refunds or discounts will be offered due to a late check in. Check-out time is 10 A.M.
2. Unit Assignments- We reserve the right to change unit assignments. When you confirm your reservation, unit requests will be taken, and a unit type will be assigned. Although all efforts will be made to honor your request, no unit request is guaranteed.
3. Advance Payment - At the time of booking an advanced payment is required to confirm your reservation. The advance payment will be equivalent to twenty-five percent (25%) of your rent or $100 whichever is greater, plus travel insurance, if purchased. The travel insurance is optional and provides you with protection from unexpected events before and during your stay (see Travel Protection Insurance below). Vacation Homes and certain locations may require a higher advance payment. The advance payment does apply towards your rent. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express.
4. Rental payment - All reservations, unless otherwise noted at time of booking, must be paid in full thirty (30) days prior to the arrival date. Your payment policy will be reviewed during the booking process. Your credit card on file will be billed for any unpaid balance on the date full payment is due if you have not made other payment arrangements prior to the due date. Final payment must be made by traveler’s check, bank money order, cashier’s check, cash, personal check (with proper identification), MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express. Reservations that are not paid in full by the final payment date will be cancelled and advance payment forfeited.
5. Travel Protection Insurance - Dale E Peterson Vacations has partnered with the CSA Insurance Company to offer our guests Travel Protection Insurance. With CSA’s Travel Protection, you may be covered during your entire vacation stay and during your travel to and from your destination. We strongly encourage you to purchase travel insurance. Should you have a major medical issue or experience trip interruption due to unforeseen developments such as illnesses, natural disasters, etc… you may be covered by contacting CSA through their claim process department 866.999.4018. Guests may purchase Travel Insurance up to the date the final rent payment is due. At locations where the final rent payment is due on arrival insurance payments must be made at time of booking. Guests opting not to purchase the Travel Insurance should be aware that no refunds will be available; therefore your entire trip investment could be lost. The Travel Protection Insurance fee is non-refundable and is typically seven percent (7%) of your total rental amount. Visit the website for details.
6. Damage Fee - As part of your stay, we require a non-refundable Damage Fee of $49.00 per reservation. The Damage Fee is designed to cover unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that may occur during your stay. If purchased, the Damage Fee will cover a maximum benefit of $1500.00. Any damages that exceed $1500.00 will be charged to the credit card on file. If you do not wish to purchase the Damage Fee you may add $1500.00 for a refundable damage deposit. The Damage Fee or $1500.00 security deposit is due at the time of booking and will be charged to the credit card on file. Upon a departure inspection of the unit, any applicable security deposit will be refunded within 7-10 business days.
7. Security Deposit - A security deposit may be required at some locations. It is paid by check, bank money order or cashier’s check. The security deposit must either be sent overnight or by priority mail and must reach our office within 4 days of booking the reservation. This deposit is not applied to your rent. However, it is fully refundable within 3 weeks of departure provided the following conditions are met:
- No damage is done to the unit or its contents.
- No smoking in a non-smoking unit.
- All keys, pool tags, gate cards are returned to Dale E. Peterson Vacations (There will be a minimum $80.00 non-refundable and nonnegotiable fee for each key not returned to DEP Vacations on departure).
- All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
- Cancellation policies are correctly followed.
- Note: Cash deposits and/or advance payments will be placed in an interest bearing escrow account and all interest will accrue to Destin Resorts, Inc.
8. Cancellation - Cancellations made more than 30 days prior to arrival will result in a loss equal to the advance payment and/or security deposit payment. Cancellations within 30 days of arrival, no shows or early departures after check-in will result in a loss of a loss of full payment. The loss can be avoided if CSA travel insurance was purchased and the reason for cancellation is covered under the travel insurance policy. The travel insurance fee is always non-refundable. If guest has to shorten their stay or change their unit , normal cancellation penalties may apply. Rental Homes, Monthly stays and certain locations may have different minimum-stay, advance payment, final payment and cancellation policies, which will be reviewed at the time of booking.
9. Processing Fee- All reservations will be charged a one-time non-refundable service fee. This fee is a minimum $55.00 plus tax.
10. Hurricane Policy– Deposits and/or rent paid will be refunded if the accommodations or the primary residence of the guest is located within a mandatory evacuation area ordered by the local authority.
11. Inclement Weather- Cancellation or early departure due to any other inclement weather does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
12. Monthly Reservations- Credit cards are accepted for security/damage deposits or rental payments for monthly rentals with a 3% processing fee added. Personal checks, cash, traveler’s checks, e-checks or money orders will be accepted. Checks drawn on banks outside to the United States will be charged a bank service fee. All monthly rentals must have a credit card on file.
13. Smoking– All properties are non-smoking units. Please smoke in the designated areas only or on the balcony with your patio door closed. Violators will incur an additional charge. Please also make sure your cigarette trash is disposed of properly.
EMERALD DUNES is a Smoke-Free facility. This includes rooms, balconies, and all common areas.
14. Pets- We have a minimum number of pet friendly units, and this request must be made at time of booking. A non-refundable pet fee of $200 will be required when booking a pet friendly unit. Only one (1) pet is permitted per unit and there is a 40 lb maximum weigh limit. Registered guest will be responsible for any pet damages or extra cleaning that is required. Pets are absolutely not permitted in non-pet friendly units; with the exception of service animals. We hope you have a pleasant stay with us, however, not everyone has a pet or cares to be around others’ pets. When traveling with your pet you agree you have read, understand and will observe the following rules:
- I do hereby indemnify, hold harmless and release Dale E. Peterson Vacations and all related parties from any and all causes of action, claims, lawsuits and demands of any kind made by any guest or third party as a result of any actions of my pet.
- I affirm my pet is up to date on all vaccines.
- I agree not to take my pet in any non-pet friendly units.
- I agree not to leave my pet outside unattended.
- I agree to pick up after my pet disposing of all waste properly.
- I agree to keep my pet on a leash at all times, unless the unit has a fenced yard.
- I agree to keep my pet from being a nuisance or hazard to others.
- I affirm my pet has never shown a vicious nature and has never bitten anyone.
- As a guest, I agree to keep my pet under my care and take full responsibility for their actions.
15. Barbeque Grills- Some properties are equipped with barbeque grills. Please use caution when grilling. Note: Outdoor grilling on pool decks, balconies, or screen porches is prohibited by law.
16. Age Requirements- NO RESERVATIONS will be accepted for vacationing students or singles under the age of 25 unless accompanied by a parent or guardian at a ratio of 1 parent/guardian over the age of 25 for every 3 persons under 25. The parent or guardian must stay in the unit each night. Any reservation made under false pretenses will be subject to forfeiture of advance payments of rent and deposit. Further, the party will either not be permitted to check in or will be asked to vacate the unit.
17. Maximum Occupancy- The maximum number of guests per unit is based on the individual unit’s ability to comfortably and safely accommodate our guests. If maximum occupancy is exceeded, you will be asked to vacate the property and forfeit any rental payments and/or deposits. Children three years of age or younger do not typically count towards occupancy counts.
18. Minimum Stay Requirements- Most of our properties require a minimum stay of 3 nights. Most gulf front properties require a minimum 7 night stay from Saturday to Saturday during summer and peak summer seasons; however this is subject to change based on availability. Longer stays may be required for certain units, houses, during other peak seasons and holidays.
19. Amenities– For your convenience each unit will be supplied with toilet paper, paper towels, and garbage bags for the first night’s supply. We encourage our guests to bring extra supplies along with beach towels, laundry detergent, bath toiletries, and kitchen condiments.
20. Clean Fee- All rental units require a one-time departure clean fee to be paid by the guest. The clean fee will be applied to each unit booked. If you are staying more than one month in the same rental unit the fee will only be charged once, upon arrival. The clean fee will cover all normal cleaning required after your departure. However, if check out requirements such as the removal of all trash from the dwelling, dishes placed in dishwasher and cycle started, pots or pans washed are not met, or other excessive cleaning is required, additional clean fees may be incurred. IF, on ARRIVAL, you have ANY housekeeping problems, report them to the management IMMEDIATELY so they may be remedied as soon as possible. NO discounts or refunds will be given due to housekeeping.
21. Linen/Maid Service- Daily maid service is not included in the rental rate but is available upon request for a fee. At check in each unit will be supplied with clean linens, towels, hand cloths, and washcloths. Most units are equipped with a washer and dryer for your use or a laundry facility on property.
22. Rates- All published rental rates are subject to change without notice. Please understand a rate is not confirmed until a deposit is made. We reserve the right to correct rates that may have been misquoted due to human and/or computer error.
23. Parking– All rental units come with complimentary parking for (2) cars onsite. This is strictly enforced. Please make other arrangements prior to your arrival if you must have more than (2) cars. Absolutely NO trailer parking allowed.
24. Maintenance - If you have a housekeeping or maintenance issue please DO NOT hesitate to call us at (800.336.9669) or report it through the DEP Vacations app. Routine maintenance calls are handled on a first-come, first-served basis. EMERGENCIES with air conditioning, plumbing, heating and electricity are considered priority calls and will be addressed as soon as qualified technician becomes available. Dale E. Peterson Vacations staff may enter the property to respond to any maintenance and/or housekeeping issues during your stay. If a situation occurs after hours that is NOT an emergency, please report it immediately and it will be handled the next day. No refunds or discounts will be offered due to unpredicted failures of electricity, water, pool filtration systems, air conditioning, telephone, television or cable service, appliances, etc.
25. Air Conditioning - Please be sure to keep all doors and windows closed when you are running the AC unit. If you open the doors or windows while the AC is running you could freeze up the compressor, possibly causing an expensive repair to the unit that you may be held accountable for.
26. Construction – Dale E. Peterson Vacations cannot predict construction plans in the area and therefore cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience. No refunds or discounts can be given in the event of nearby construction. Notwithstanding this, the Manager will use its best efforts to ensure the appropriate parties are notified and appropriate remedial action taken in the event that it receives notice that the construction at issue may be in violation of any such local regulations and/or ordinances.
27. Internet – The majority of our properties have internet access through their individual service providers. We do not, however, guarantee internet connectivity due to service being provided by an outside vendor, restrictions from personal computers, and several other factors that may lead to interruption of internet service. In the event the internet service is inoperable, we will do our best to troubleshoot over the phone but if it requires further assistance, the guest may be responsible for contacting the internet provider. No discounts or refunds will be given due to loss of internet service.
28. Violation of Policies and Rules- Violation of our policies or those of the Home Owners Association by a guest will result in eviction and the forfeiture all monies paid including but not limited to the deposit. Dale E Peterson Vacations reserves the right to refuse future reservations to any guest who has violated our rental polices and rules in the past.
Emerald Coast Resorts, LLC and Dale E Peterson Vacations are an agent of the property owner.